ABOUT THE LIBRARY
- Library was established with 3000 volumes of books in 1996. Now the collection of books has risen to 15951 and 25 Journals and magazines.
- Library was functioned at First Floor
- In 1997 Library building was declared opened by Immaculate heart of Mary Sisters.
- In the year2013 Book Bank Section of the library was established.
- Library Automation was started in 2013 and Bar Code Technology was introduced in the year 2013.
- In 7th august 2013WebOPAC Online Search facility was launched.
- Web OPAC-online search facility was launched on 7th Aug, 2014
- Digital Library of the library is launched in 2014.
OBJECTIVES OF THE LIBRARY
- To promote the reading habits.
- To have an extensive use of Reading material.
- To provide every reader his book & information.
- To see that necessary books are available.
- To ensure easy accessibility of the books.
- To computerize the library activities.
- It is obligatory on all students of the College to be members of the library.
- Strict silence should be kept in the reading rooms of the library.
- On class days the library will be kept open from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
- The library will remain closed on Sundays and during the summer vacation.
- Books will be issued only on presentation of the Identity Card of the student.
- Students will be permitted to take books from the stack room between 9.30 am. And 4.30 pm.
- Books can be returned to the library between 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Students may without previous notice call for one volume of a book issued to them.
- Question bank
- Book bank books will be issued to the needy and poor students on request.
Weekdays: 08.30 am. To 05.30 pm.
By OPAC, users may search the status of a book even though internet access.
Three reference sections viz.,
a) UG Reference Section
b) PG Reference Section
c) Research Journal Section.
d) e-Resource Centre
BAR CODE SERVICE
Library Services are maintained with barcode technology.
OPEN ACCESS SERVICE
Students can have access to the stock room.
Computers are available in the library for OPAC services, library catalogues, journals etc
XEROX facility is available in the library.
The above facilities and services are available for use whenever the library is open.
The Library is nearly 20 years old and it has some special volumes of general interest. One time publication is available.
- Vazhviyal Kalangiyam - 01 to 13 Volume
- India after Gandhi
- 1491 the Americas before Columbus
- On the History of the World this in 366 days
- The war and peace 1940s
- Old and new words 1339 to 1492
- Life in ancient room
- The great reveoluation 1773 to 1815
- The dawn of civilization pre history to 900 PC
- Illustrated guide to India
- Home medical Encylopedia
- The inventions that changed the world
- Philips concise Atlas of the world
- The yearly middle ages 907 to 1154.
- The Readers digest reverse Dictionary
- Books on Encyclopedia, World Dictionary.
- Dictionaries on French, German, Hindi
- Those who are doing research, leading to M.Phil or Ph.D in English and Commerce
- P.G. students from Alagappa University
|BOOK BANK BOOKS||242|